H1 2021 PX Programmatic OOH Trends Report
The PX Programmatic OOH Trends report provides a snapshot of select spending patterns within the Place Exchange platform after analyzing delivery across billions of impressions. These results compare data from H2 2020 with data from H1 2021. Select takeaways include:
- Comparing H2 2020 spend to H1 2021 programmatic OOH spend on Place Exchange shows clear signs of recovery from the pandemic:
- Top spending categories in H2 2020 were Govt./Politics and Health/Fitness, demonstrating a focus on the 2020 election cycle and impact of the pandemic.
- In H1 2021, the top-spending categories shifted to Food/Drink and Personal Finance, as pandemic restrictions were lifted and consumer spending resumed, with Travel also showing strong growth.
- OOH spending in NYC increased significantly between the two periods, reflecting the impact of the largest cities reopening.
- Billboards garner about 2/3 of programmatic OOH spend, but other asset categories also attract material share (Kiosks, TV Screens, POS, and Display Panels).
- Average CPMs across virtually all OpenOOH Venue Categories increased from H2 2020 to H1 2021, typically by 10-30%.
- Spending on programmatic Video OOH advertising roughly doubled from H2 2020 to H1 2021.
- Non-Guaranteed deals continue to dominate buying execution, at roughly 90% of spend.
To download this file, please enter your information below. *
* = required