Content Acceptability Policy
The Place Exchange Content Acceptability Policy sets out the restrictions related to advertising or other content that may be delivered via the Place Exchange platform. Do not use Place Exchange if you do not agree to this Policy. This Policy has examples of restricted content, but does not attempt to list all restricted content. Ultimately, Place Exchange will decide whether content violates this Policy.
Each Publisher/media company with Inventory available via the Place Exchange services will have different advertising acceptability guidelines which will govern the display of advertisements or other content on their displays. Content may be in compliance with this Policy but still unacceptable for display by a Publisher pursuant to their requirements.
You may not use Place Exchange to transmit any material that:
- contains any profane or offensive language.
- portrays images or descriptions of graphic violence, including dead, mutilated or disfigured human beings or animals, the act of killing, mutilating or disfiguring human beings or animals, or intentional infliction of pain or violent action towards or upon a person or animal, or that depicts weapons or devices in a menacing or offensive manner.
- degrades, demeans, mocks, ridicules, disparages, intimidates, is abusive or hostile to, debases the dignity or stature of, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.
- is false, deceptive, or misleading or makes false or unrealistic claims.
- promotes any activity or product that is illegal under federal, state or local law, or encourages the use or possession of illegal goods or services.
- is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person, group, or entity, including but not limited to hate speech.
- infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party, including trademark or copyright, or is otherwise unlawful or illegal.
- contains obscene material or images of nudity, or describes, depicts or represents explicit sexual activities.
- is deemed to be morally reprehensible or patently offensive, and without redeeming social value.
- promotes Adult/Mature-rated films, television, video games or other media (including adult films rated “X” or “NC-17”, television rated “MA” or video games rated “A” or “M”), adult entertainment facilities (including adult book stores, adult video stores, nude dance clubs and other adult entertainment establishments), or other adult services (including adult telephone services, adult internet sites and escort services).
- promotes or encourages the use of tobacco products, tobacco-related products, and products that simulate smoking or are modeled on tobacco products, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, and smokeless (e.g., chewing) tobacco.
- contains illegible text or is otherwise of insufficient quality to be understood.